U.S. vacancy rates for warehouse and distribution space are down to 5.8% percent. This record low is due, in large part, to the growth of ecommerce, according to a recent report from JLL, a commercial real estate firm. Space is particularly hard to come by in top markets such as Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth.
Available Space in the Right Place
With warehouse space in 43 locations nationwide – including Chicago and Fort Worth – we’re right where you need to be.
Chicago Consulting’s report, 10 Best Warehouse Networks, identifies strategic locations across the country for warehouse space for varying network configurations based on the lowest possible transit lead-times to customers. Saddle Creek’s network of shared-space campuses is remarkably well aligned with these networks with locations nationwide, including warehouse space in Buena Park, Calif.; Chicago; Fort Worth; Lakeland, Fla.; Macon, Ga.; and Seattle.
Chicago, for example, is on the list of best locations for networks with anywhere from 3 to 9 nodes. Fort Worth (Grand Prairie) is listed for networks with 5 to 7 nodes. (The map at right shows how our locations align with the top 6-node network.)
Featured location: Chicago
Saddle Creek Logistics Services
2550 Logistics Drive
Joliet, IL 60436
This new 1.1 million-square-foot space in the Chicago area can be built to suit your needs. It is strategically located in the CenterPoint Intermodal Center, ensuring two-day service to many major markets. Other convenient features include:
- Flexible warehouse space
- 132 dock doors
- Secured yard
- Easy access to I-55 and I-80
- Adjacent to Union Pacific and BNSF rail yards
- Designated Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
- Substantial drayage savings
Featured location: Fort Worth
Saddle Creek Logistics Services
4600 Railhead Road
Fort Worth, TX 76106
Our Dallas/Fort Worth distribution center boasts nearly 1 million square feet of space in a prime warehouse location for dedicated and multi-customer distribution needs. Features include:
- Food-grade & temperature-controlled space
- WMS (EDI, RF, bar coding)
- Triple Freeport tax exemption
- Foreign Trade Zone status
- BATF bonded
- Non-union workforce
- 100 truck/26 rail doors
- Rail service: BNSF & UPRR
- 24/7 security, fenced yard
- Video surveillance
Leverage our wide array of logistics capabilities — warehousing, omnichannel fulfillment, transportation, and packaging — for an integrated solution that supports your business objectives.
Our Texas DC also offers:
- Custom fulfillment solutions to help you meet customer demand in all sales channels
- Value-added services to help move product customization closer to the customer to support postponement strategies
- Cross-docking to increase speed to market, reduce costs and improve service
- Our eco-friendly CNG fleet to help reduce your carbon footprint and support your corporate sustainability program
Contact us today!
We can help to optimize your distribution network, so you can meet your omnichannel needs without wasting time searching for available space and making a major investment in infrastructure. Whether you choose one of these DCs or one of our other locations nationwide or work with us to build a new space to suit your needs, we invite you to take advantage of our nationwide network to develop a stronger, more effective supply chain.