Blog Posts Greener Logistics with Compressed Natural Gas
Interested in finding new ways to support your corporate sustainability program? We can help. At Saddle Creek, we’re committed to finding creative logistics solutions that reduce our carbon footprint – and our customers’.
As an integrated 3PL, we offer a full range of services nationwide, including warehousing, transportation, packaging and fulfillment. We continually seek out opportunities to incorporate green initiatives throughout our operations. Examples include:
• Our for-hire fleet includes more than 100 trucks that run on compressed natural gas (CNG), one of the cleanest-burning alternative fuel options available with near-zero emissions.
• We help customers to minimize their carbon footprint by strategically positioning distribution centers to minimize transportation requirements.
• Our transportation division is a SmartWay Transportation Partner.
• We’ve added trailer skirts to make tractors more aerodynamic, use low-resistance tires, and optimize vehicle performance with PeopleNet software.
• We’ve decreased electricity, water and fuel consumption across all of our facilities nationwide, and we recycle thousands of pounds of materials each year.
• We have invested heavily in energy-efficient fluorescent lighting throughout our distribution network.
• We carefully consider the environmental impact of new facilities such as our 304,000 square-foot LEED-certified distribution center in Charlotte, N.C.
Want to learn more about CNG? Download our whitepaper: Leveraging CNG to Support Corporate Sustainability Goals