Blog Posts 10 Tips for Getting the Most from an Industry Conference
EDGE 2019 is just around the corner. Hosted by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) in Anaheim, Calif., it promises to be a dynamic event featuring leading-edge content and innovative supply chain solutions.
Maximize Your Time at CSCMP EDGE 2019
Attending industry events like EDGE 2019 can be extremely valuable. Make the most of the experience by taking these 10 steps:
- Establish goals. Need to answer a burning question, find a new partner or solve a business challenge? You’ll be more productive if you set out with objectives in mind.
- Study the agenda. Make note of must-see sessions and identify opportunities to network. (We recommend the Dessert Reception in the Supply Chain Exchange.)
- Do your homework. Brainstorm questions to ask of fellow attendees, sponsors, speakers, exhibitors, Uber drivers…
- Work your network. Reach out and make plans to connect with industry colleagues who are attending the event.
- Schedule meetings. Maximize your time at the show by booking appointments with key contacts (maybe Saddle Creek?) in advance.
- Study the conference hall layout. Mapping out your route can save you extra steps. Mark key booths you found interesting to circle back to on your last day.
- Organize your thoughts. With multiple days packed with sessions, speakers, round tables, etc., there’s a lot to remember. Take notes during your sessions, and jot down three takeaways before you leave.
- Put away your Smartphone. Emails can wait. Be present – for speaker presentations as well as pre- and post-event opportunities. This is a great time to connect with people in your industry.
- Plan your follow up. At the conference, you’ll collect a lot of contact information. Send a personal follow-up to everyone you meet, and ask for copies of presentations if they’re available.
- Call your Saddle Creek contact today. Set up a time to meet at EDGE 2019! Contact us at 888/878-1177 or Sales@SCLogistics.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Anaheim!