Interested in finding new ways to support your corporate sustainability program? We can help. At Saddle Creek, we’re committed to finding creative logistics solutions that reduce our carbon footprint – and our customers’.
As an integrated 3PL, we offer a full range of services nationwide, including warehousing, transportation, packaging and fulfillment. We continually seek out opportunities to incorporate green initiatives throughout our operations. Examples include:
• Our for-hire fleet includes more than 100 trucks that run on compressed natural gas (CNG), one of the cleanest-burning alternative fuel options available with near-zero emissions.
• We help customers to minimize their carbon footprint by strategically positioning distribution centers to minimize transportation requirements.
• Our transportation division is a SmartWay Transportation Partner.
• We’ve added trailer skirts to make tractors more aerodynamic, use low-resistance tires, and optimize vehicle performance with PeopleNet software.
• We’ve decreased electricity, water and fuel consumption across all of our facilities nationwide, and we recycle thousands of pounds of materials each year.
• We have invested heavily in energy-efficient fluorescent lighting throughout our distribution network.
• We carefully consider the environmental impact of new facilities such as our 304,000 square-foot LEED-certified distribution center in Charlotte, N.C.
Want to learn more about CNG? Download our whitepaper: Leveraging CNG to Support Corporate Sustainability Goals
Comments are closed.