Welcome to the Saddle Creek Benefits Open Enrollment. Find everything you need to know for 2023 Benefits here.
Changes for 2023
More information on each of the benefits areas can be found on the benefit pages. Below are highlights from all changes for 2023:
- Instead of deductible and coinsurance, the benefit for Emergency Room visits will be a $500 copay for the UHC 3000 and 5500 Medical plans.
- Laboratory and X-Ray benefits will be a $40 copay under the 3000 plan, and a $60 copay under the 5500 plan. This was also subject to deductible and coinsurance.
- A new Generic benefit for Specialty medications. Specialty Generics will have a $50 copay under the 3000 plan and $55 copay under the 5500. These copays are for a 30-day supply. Specialty Name-Brand prescriptions remain $100 under the 3000 plan and $110 under the 5500 plan.
- Preventive services under our Dental plans won’t count against the annual benefit maximum. This means that Preventive dental services are now 100% no cost to our Associates
- The Vision plan is also improving, increasing the Frame allowance from $130 to $150.
- Our legal services plan will be moving to MetLife next year, but the existing CDL plan will remain with US Legal. You will need to enroll in the new legal plan as prior enrollment will not carry forward.
- The existing Unum Supplemental Medical Reimbursement plan will end. Instead, we will have three new distinct and more robust programs – Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity – all with The Standard. These plans will also need active enrollment for participation.
If you don’t make changes to your benefits, your current benefits elections (exceptions above) will roll into the next plan year. We recommend every associate confirm their elections even if they don’t plan to make changes. All changes are locked in at the end of the open enrollment period. Reminder: You must enroll for a Flexible Spending Account every year. If you want a FSA for 2023, you must complete open enrollment.
We are proud to offer comprehensive benefit programs for Saddle Creek Associates and their families
Learn more about the 4 plans Saddle Creek offers UHC 3000, UHC 5500, UHC CDHP, Kaiser HMO.Learn More
Protect Your Smile
From preventative care to major services, dental insurance is a smart way to protect your smile and your pocketbookLearn More
See the Benefit
Getting an annual eye exam is one of the best ways to make sure you’re keeping your eyes healthyLearn More
Optional Life Available
Additional options for coverage for spouse and dependent childrenLearn More
Assistance with Everyday Needs
Explore the variety of additional plans: Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, Legal and Identity TheftLearn More
Programs that Benefit You
Check out these no-cost programs for Saddle Creek AssociatesLearn More
Saving for the Future
Learn more about the 401(K) Retirement Saving Plan Saddle Creek offersLearn More
Additional LTD Option
Learn more about the Short and Long Term Disability plans provided to associatesLearn More
Total Rewards reflects a new way of thinking about the complete package of benefits, compensation, and other perks Saddle Creek offers its associates. All of these are now under one banner, so our associates can better understand what they gain by working at Saddle Creek.
Frequently Asked Open Enrollment Questions
The following need to enroll:
- Associates who would like to make changes to their benefits elections.
- Associates who would like to contribute to a Flexible Spending Account in 2023
- Associates who would like to change their covered dependents
- Associates who would like to enroll in new benefits, or enroll where a vendor has changed
Associates who do not wish to make changes do not need to complete open enrollment elections. Current 2022 elections will roll over to 2023.
Log into Workday. Go to menu and select Benefit Elections under View.
Yes. You may add or remove eligible dependents during Open Enrollment.
Coverage and premium changes will become effective January 1, 2023.
After the close of Open Enrollment, you cannot change your elections unless you have a qualifying event. Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code defines qualifying events as:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Losing or gaining insurance coverage due to change in job or eligibility
- Losing or gaining Medicare/Medicaid
- Covered dependent reaching the maximum age
- Losing or gaining employment
- Going out or returning from an approved Leave of Absence
- Qualified Medical Support Order